cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imlloyd
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

How to clear a False Positive anti-virus hit?

I own InstallMonetizer.com.  My software has been tagged by McAfee as containing a virus.  This is wrong, its a False Positive.

What steps do I need to do to prove we are a clean software?

1 Reply
Peacekeeper
Message 2 of 2

How to clear a False Positive anti-virus hit?

If you are having problems with a possible Artemis "false positive" detection or another false+ve do the following

Email the file zipped and password protected to virus_research@mcafee.com password is infected

(with the word FALSE in the subject line) or to webimmune

1) Within the message body please provide details of the file being detected (software name, version, file path etc)

2. You will get a reply back automatically reply to it saying do amanual check you think the file is falsely detected.

NOTE amend the email address to the 1 above as they seem to be repling on the old 1. that 1 will not get a reply.( use virus_research@mcafee.com)

Mcafee will then investigate the detection and respond back as appropriate.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community