cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmike90
Former Member
Message 11 of 11

Re: How to block a "ping" request??

I have/had the same problem.  I was assuming something in Windows was replying before the firewall got the request.  Based on some comments above I checked into the Verizon router I received with the FIOS service last year and found a setting which allowed for Ping responses at the router  level.  I turned it off and GRC.com Shields-up service now reports full "Stelth".  I may have some problems the next time Verizon needs to check the router?

When checking the router I noticed there were a large number of failed login attempts on 12/31/2012.  I don't know if someone was attempting to get into the router or if I was bored on New Years Eve .. . . .

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community