cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan312791
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Home Network

trying to get my network to work but am having issues. Biggest is that I am getting an error message on my laptop I am trying to trust. The error is that the pc has an older version of the mcafee software. That is total BS cause I updated daily and checked all the build versions in the about all are running the same thing. Not going to waste my time on configuring a bunch of stuff, so if there isn't a simple solution tell me how to shut the darn thing off..........

2 Replies
TJB
Contributor III
Message 2 of 3

Re: Home Network

I have exactly the same problem on one PC: Icon showing a McAfee-protected PC and a warning icon (Orange triangle with white exclamation mark) plus message: "This PC is running an older version of McAfee software. To take advantage of McAfee's networking features, you must install the latest version on this PC."

However, both machines are running the same versions, same builds, same engines and same DAT version and same Anti-Spam Content version.

A pity that no-one has responded to your post in the last 5 months, as I was hoping to find a resolution to this issue without having to uninstall McAfee.

snowyg
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 3 of 3

Re: Home Network

Hi all,

I am sorry that you did not get any response on the theme for the last 5 months.

Have you done any windows updates recently..any changes which after you have recieved that error.

Did you have SC 9 and udpate to SC 10?

Apart from that I want to ask you to try these steps:

1.Open CMD on both of the pc's(if they are more then on all of them)

2.Type in CMD net stop mcnasvc (that stops McAfee Network Agent)

3.Stop "access protection" from MFE (Navigation->General Settigns and alerts->access protection)

4.Locate the respective folder (XP) C:\Docssettings\All users\App Data\McAfee\MNA - delete whats in the folder  for Vista and Win 7 C:\ProgramData\All users\App Data\McAfee\MNA

Note: they are hidden folders so enable "Show system folders" from Tools in Windows Explorer

5.Open CMD again and type net start mcnasvc

6.Open SC again go to Firewall ->Settings-> Connections from there add your network

ex. if your netowrk is 192.168.2.5 and the other PC is 192.168.2.6 then add a range from

192.168.2.1 - 192.168.2.254 !! make sure it is 254 not 255 I know that the full range is 255 but jsut try it

7.Go to Home -> My network Defense and trust the network

8.Then check if the pc's are trusted if not then trust them using pass mcafee123

9.After you do that please check if you have ping to each other and if win network is working

Check if you still face the same problem

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community