cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 11 of 14

Re: Help with Mcafee Total Protection install

Ok that proves you have bits of some enterprise installed still. You did say 8.7 now you say 8.5 the uninstall options may be different so can you be sure which 1 you installed?

Is there any mention of mcafee anything in the installed program area ie add/remove programs in control panel?

Remove 8.5i

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=kb50602

Remove 8.7i

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB59996

What is worrying me is you have bits of several versions anyway have a try using whichever version link you installed and see what happens.

JaeGee2
Former Member
Message 12 of 14

nope, no mention of mcafee anything.... well maybe now cus i jus reinistalled/ran mcafee virtual tech but other than that no...

quick questions.. is there a way i can copy/past common managemet agent 3.6.0.480 from my laptop which is running mcafee total suite perfectly and move it to my desktop or what?

Peacekeeper
Message 13 of 14

Really the Common Management Agent should not be on any machine with Total protection maybe you got away with it on the laptop but I still feel you have parts of 8.5i installed. that is why I gave you the manual ununstall links. Try those. Really I am out of my depth here if you cannot get it to work I will post in the busness area and call for a business tech to come over.

msgmiles
Former Member
Message 14 of 14

Try this:

Corporate KnowledgeBase

How to remove VirusScan Enterprise via the command line using msiexec.exe

Corporate KnowledgeBase ID:  KB52648
Published:  February 04, 2009

Environment

For details of all supported operating systems, see KB51109

Summary

Performing a command-line removal of VirusScan Enterprise might be necessary if removal via the Windows Add/Remove Programs feature fails.

Solution 1

VirusScan Enterprise (VSE) command line uninstallation using msiexec.exe: 
  1. Click Start, Run.
  2. Type the removal string for your version of VSE, then click OK.
    VirusScan Enterprise 8.7i
    msiexec /x {147BCE03-C0F1-4C9F-8157-6A89B6D2D973} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q
    VirusScan Enterprise 8.5i
    msiexec.exe /x {35C03C04-3F1F-42C2-A989-A757EE691F65} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q

VirusScan Enterprise 8.0i
    msiexec.exe /x {5DF3D1BB-894E-4DCD-8275-159AC9829B43} REMOVE=ALL REBOOT=R /q

It finally worked for me after many hours with tech support.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community