cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nyeem
Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Help me DMSetup Not working

I paid £60 for this product and it doesnt even work, i downloaded dms setup and it wont even open i keep pressing it but nothing comes up.

19 Replies
Lucwop
Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: Help me DMSetup Not working

Same problem here, download first annuled, then clicked retry, something happens, but DMSetup not working

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 20

Moved to SecurityCenter 10 - 2010.   What operating systems and service packs are you people using and what version of Internet Explorer is installed?

Also what is your installed memory (RAM) and how much free hard drive space is there?

Also what protection software is already installed?

Have you tried "Save as" to the dektop first?  Then you right-click it and select Properties.   Click Unblock (if blocked).

Then try.

jhoof1
Former Member
Message 4 of 20

Same problem.

It has already de-installed old McAfee product .. so PC now unprotected.

It just will not download the new files.

MVT says it cannot download the connectivity_test.txt file ... all other problems were solved.

Tried tens of times over the last couple of hours.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 20

Then contact Technical Support Chat available via "Useful Links" at the top of this page.

nyeem
Contributor
Message 6 of 20

running windows 7 64 bit, 4gb ram there is 130gb free hard drive space, I dont use internet explorer on my one it cant open the mcafee login page i use google chrome.

I installed mcafee before using that dmssetup but then uninstalled mcafee becuase it couldnt update. So i tried reinstalling it with that but it doesnt even open nothing shows up.

jhoof1
Former Member
Message 7 of 20

sure. monday morning it appears

that chat is only available in NL on workdays

tried MCPR ... starting fresh ... nothing helps ... I suspect download servers @ mcafee are the problem

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 20

If you are using IE7 or IE8 (even if not your default browser) try this:

Go to Internet Explorer Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset, Apply and OK.  OK any prompts you may get (Vista/Windows 7).

Close and reopen IE.

Go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

Download and run McAfee's Preinstall Tool:  http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreInstall.exe

Try the install again.

Many applications, McAfee and others, even Microsoft, rely on Internet Explorer being totally up to date and functional even if not your default browser.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 20/03/10 8:40:54 EDT AM
Lucwop
Contributor
Message 9 of 20

I succesfully downloaded DMSetup, also ran the preinstall tool, but it still fails to collect downloadinformation. The error code is 12152, the problem cannot be solved by MVT. What is wrong?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 20

12152 is a general network error meaning the connection dropped somewhere in the network and to try again.

We are told to tell people to contact Technical Support Chat in these instances if that persists.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community