Error 12002 during downloading
These errors basically means there is some issue with the internet connection. Interruption in internet connection during download can cause this error. Same can also happen if there is some error in configuration of Internet Explorer. The presence of some internet explorer toolbars can also cause interruption in internet connection.
Please follow the steps to get the issue resolved.
1. Remove any old internet connection from IE & uncheck all LAN settings in IE
* Please click on the Start Button>>then click on the Run button(for Windows XP. In Windows Vista and Windows 7, please use the search column.) and type "INETCPL.CPL" without quotes, and press enter.
* You will get a new window "Internet Properties". Please click on the Connections Tab and then check for the internet connections. If you do have some unused connections in that column, please remove them. Below that whirte space, please ensure that the option selected is "Never dial a connection". Next you will have to ensure that the settings for the proxy server are properly configured. For that, please click on the Lan Settings. Now you will get a new window with a few checkboxes. Please make sure that, none of those are checked. Please close that window.
* Now back at the Internet Properties window, please click on the "Advanced Tab". Please click on the Reset Tab and reset the settings(Resetting would cause you to lose the toolbars you have set up on your browser). Once you have done this, please close the window. Please try to install McAfee and see if you have the same Error 12029. If yes Please try the next step.
2. If you are using a Wireless connection, you can suggest the customer try using wired connection from the router.
3. Run McAfee Pre-Install tool and follow the steps in the following KB Docs: TS100422; TS100047
4. Edit hosts file as the step provided below.
* Windows 2000/XP:
From the Taskbar, click Start, and Run.
In the Run field, type notepad %WINDIR%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts then click OK.
Note: This will open the 'hosts' file in Notepad.
* Now please select all the contents in that page and delete that to clear the contents. Please find the attached text file and copy all the contents to the Hosts and click on save.
5. Uninstall third party security software.(Please use the KB Doc: TS100376). Please try to download McAfee.
6. Try to download McAfee in safe mode with networking. (Wireless connection will not work in safe mode)
If none of the above steps did resolve your issue please Please contact McAfee Technical Support Chat for the resolution of the issue. Hope that the above steps would benefit you.