cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 11 of 17

Ahhhh... ok

alright... i think there is no issue here anymore... the reason why you open mcafee and it fixed itself is because it tried loading itself up... during that time mcafee was opened while other mcafee services are still being loaded...

kindly observe your mcafee software... check if it still goes to unprotected mode... i also experience this situation especially when i just logged in to windows and immediately tried opening mcafee... i also get that not protected status...

here's another thing to try... restart your computer... and let windows load up everything first before you open mcafee... when you open MSC... it should show you the protected status already...
USA
Former Member
Message 12 of 17

RE: Ahhhh... ok

Okay thanks so much for your help and Peter's...Always deeply appreciated.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 13 of 17

You're welcome...

you are very much welcome... kindly post back any other issue with your mcafee happy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 17

RE: OK

Just a not while Bua_Ako thinks things out...you said:

There are 2 subscriptions that have expired. That being McAfee anti spam and McAfee Parental Control which expired 5/31/2005.

Those products aren't sold on their own (any more) and are part of a greater suite.

It might behoove you to contact Customer Service regarding the subscription to make sure that there is only one, and to ensure which one is supposed to be used as we have no access to that side.

Toll Free 1-866-897-9325 press 4 then 0 between 8am and 8pm Central Time.

If the "suite" is all downloaded at once, which it would be if you try what I suggested earlier, then the expiry would be the same for all components.

I moved this to Security Center 9 where it belongs.
USA
Former Member
Message 15 of 17

Okay I wanted to let you know that so far McAfee appears to be running on start up without any notice popping up saying that the computer is not protected...Keeping my fingers crossed that this is finally fixed...If it continues on startup that I have to use the fix button, I shall do what you told me to do Sir Peter. wink
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 17

Sounds good. Good luck.

I'll leave this thread open for a while just in case.
USA
Former Member
Message 17 of 17

Okay thanks! Much appreciated! wink
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community