cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
echo
Former Member
Message 11 of 16

Re: Has McAfee security centre changed format?

Jump to solution

No I used my user name perhaps it is only visible to me?

After another full Dell restore I still had trouble with McAfee suit in that the original version (2008) was installed and even with the MCPR removal tool the new version would not install so tried Virtual technician and that said there were errors that it could not fix. I got hold of a McAfee Technician via chat and he was excellent he had to take over PC but I could follow his moves boy was he quick I just could not keep up with him but McAfee now back on track,   Providing that Vista is in fact up to date all should be well.  Thanks everyone. 

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 12 of 16

Jump to solution

Glad things are OK now.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 16

Jump to solution

Sorry I just realized what you meant by the name....yes you only see whatever proper name you entered in your profile.  Others only see your user name or whatever name you've chosen to display..

echo
Former Member
Message 14 of 16

Jump to solution

Now that I have the up to date McAfee installed can I copy it to a CD in case of future stuff ups ?

Peacekeeper
Message 15 of 16

Jump to solution

No though I make weekly backups of the whole drive

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 16

Jump to solution

The latest version of the software will always be available on your online account page.

It can't be transferred to any kind of media.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community