cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wylie1
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Google search security check

I use Google as my main search engine. Before I downloaded the new crappy Google and didn't like it, then changed back..... When the search results used to come up there would be a red, yellow or green McAfee icon at the end of each search result telling me if the site was secure. Not I don't have that. How do I get it back?
2 Replies
silverhawk
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: Google search security check

Check whether you have siteadvisor installed or not..and it should be on..and check the internet explorer 7 or 8 addons menu..and all of the mcafee things should be on..and next thing is you shouls be using Internet Explorer or mozilla firefox only..and not beta of these also..Because no other browsers are supported..and if you are using the Internet Explorer or Firefox than check them..and with firefox please check addons of firefox..and see if advisor is not disabled..
wylie1
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Google search security check

Thanks for the reply silverhawk.

I am using Windows Internet Explorer 7. Version 7.0.5730.11

When I pull up the Add-ons manager it shows that I have:
McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO
McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar

Both enabled. Is one of these supposed to be doing what I want it to, but not? What else can I check?
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community