cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boomboomer
Former Member
Message 231 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

I have received a couple phone calls on my cell phone from DINZ. Unfortunately the calls have come at times when I am not near my computer, or am unable to take time to work on this with them. So we keep arranging for additional phone calls.

At any rate, I set up another time for DINZ to call me (Monday at 8pm). From his explanation, it seemed that at that time, DINZ intends to take control of my PC, and experiment a bit. I explained that I don't want that. What I want is a fix when the fix is ready. I do not want my PC to be a "lab rat" in the ongoing learning exercise, or trial and error process of learning how to fix the problem. Heck, they make it worse!

DINZ says OK, he understands but that he'll still call me Monday at 8pm.

HUH?

I re-explained that I don't want the Monday 8pm appointment because it was characterized as an experiment rather than a fix.

DINZ then responds that he'll call me with the fix instead, still on Monday at 8pm. So they have a fix? Or will have a fix by Monday? Or am I going to just have someone tinker around and perhaps mess things up worse?

This is not exactly a process that has built great confidence to me.

Then today I received another call from someone else on my home landline phone wanting me to go to my PC, turn it on, and give them control to see if they can figure out out what is happening.

So if that's what this different person wanted to do today, then there is no fix as of today. Further, whoever called today, on a different number, seemingly didn't know that DINZ has been working with me, and that we have a time set up for Monday at 8pm. Left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

At this point, no one will be taking control of  my PC. Tell me the fix, step by step, when it's ready, and I'll do it.

Frustrated.

Peacekeeper
Message 232 of 263

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognised versions. To maintain system stability Windows must restore the original versions of these files.

Jump to solution

I have asked what is happening.

gvr39
Former Member
Message 233 of 263

Jump to solution

The last time I had these 64008-warnings on shut down was on 15-Sep.

Do other people have the same or a similar experience?

epsilon
Former Member
Message 234 of 263

Jump to solution

Same here. 14th Sept in my case.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 235 of 263

Jump to solution

Hi boomboomer,

Sorry for the confusion here ,  the last phone  call that you received was  from a senior tech (my colleague) as requested by me to collect some logs.  As I have posted on the earlier posts , from the error message ; we all know the Files that are required for Windows has be replaced , but the task is we have no other information (effective  enough ) to understand the timestamp of when it was changed or what file has been modified/ or which program has modified it. Hence, we are in the situation to find out the same with the help of logs from certain interested users who could help us on that. Unfortunately, since you aren’t comfortable with remote set up with tech support , I would appreciate if you please monitor this thread so as in the meantime we work with other users to whom we have a call back scheduled to collect logs and we shall be updating this thread with more information as we get ,

Thanks  for your patience and understanding .

Regards,

gvr39
Former Member
Message 236 of 263

Jump to solution

I see some people not having the 64008-warnings anymore since some time:

krisser65     ?

georgieb     18-Sep

gvr39     15-Sep

epsilon     14-Sep

Concidence?

yippeekaiyay
Former Member
Message 237 of 263

Jump to solution

I still had it as of 23-Sep (last time I was on my pc), but I haven't received the newest build. Sounds like you all are up to SecurityCenter 11.0.586 or whatever the new one is that addresses the file property issues (other popular thread on the forum). I've always felt the two were connected in some way because real-time scanning seems to make Windows think files are being modified.

When I receive the update, which I believe it's queued up now, I'll provide an update on whether the issue (along with the winlogon activity) still occurs.

georgieb
Former Member
Message 238 of 263

Jump to solution

Dinesh…I am confused by your comments. They suggest that the “source” of this problem is known but not the “cause” & yet many of us are reporting that the “error” appears to have disappeared (see gvr39’s post of 26/9/11 9:48 A.M.), which is most troubling as it suggests that a “Band-Aid” solution of some sort has been implemented without a full understanding of the problem….which can only lead to further problems.

Please correct me if I am wrong or inform us, officially, that a “ fix” has been implemented (if you’re still investigating, that doesn’t seem plausible). Please & Thanks. GB.

Peacekeeper
Message 239 of 263

Jump to solution

I asked this and No there is no fix they are gathering data. There is a possibility that the file property fix helped but I will have to fire up my XP test PC and monitor the event viewer

mcafee_xp_user
Contributor
Message 240 of 263

Jump to solution

Hi everyone - I have been seeing all the messages here in my eMail notifications.

All three (3) of my XP systems have stopped with the WFP activity (9/22, 9/11, 9/13)

Only one of the systems (XP HOME) had the WFP popup dialogs, and the other 2 just had the 64008 shutdown messages.

Here is the current state of the systems

===================================================

DESKTOP (had WFP dialogs)

Last WFP 64008 shutdown 9/20/2011

Last WFP Dialog 9/22/2011

Dell XPS 410

Win XP Media Center Edition, Ver 2002, SP 3

Dell Dimension DXP061

Intel Core 2 CPU, 6600 @ 2.40 GHz, 2.39 GHz

3.0 Gb RAM, 926 Gb Disk Drive

Current McAfee:

McAfee Security Center

Ver 11.0

Build 11.0.608

Affid 716

Lang en-us

Last Update 08/26/11

McAfee VirusScan

Version 15.0

Build 15.0.291

Last Update 09/28/2011

DAT 6482

Dat Date 9/27/11

Boot DAT Ver 6464.0000

Boot DAT Date 9/19/2011

Engine 5400.1158

DESKTOP (never had WFP dialogs)

Last WFP 64008 shutdown 9/11/2011

Dell Dimension 4700

Win XP Professional, Ver 2002, SP 3

Dell Dimension DIM4700

Intel Pentium 4 CPU, 3.40 GHz, 3.39 Ghz

3.25 Gb RAM, 70 Gb Disk Drive

Current McAfee:

McAfee Security Center

Ver 11.0

Build 11.0.608

Affid 716

Lang en-us

Last Update 9/22/11

McAfee VirusScan

Version 15.0

Build 15.0.291

Last Update 09/28/2011

DAT 6483

Dat Date 9/28/11

Boot DAT Ver 6474.0000

Boot DAT Date 9/19/2011

Engine 5400.1158

LAPTOP  (never had WFP dialogs)

Last WFP 64008 shutdown 9/13/2011

Dell Inspiron B130

Win XP Home Edition, Ver 2002, SP 3

Dell Inspiron ME051

Intel Celeron M CPU, 1.60 GHz, 1.60 Ghz

1.99 Gb RAM, 52.4 Gb Disk Drive

Current McAfee:

McAfee Security Center

Ver 11.0

Build 11.0.608

Affid 716

Lang en-us

Last Update 9/23/11

McAfee VirusScan

Version 15.0

Build 15.0.291

Last Update 09/28/2011

DAT 6482

Dat Date 9/27/11

Boot DAT Ver 6474.0000

Boot DAT Date 9/19/2011

Engine 5400.1158

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community