Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 21 of 23

Re: Feedback about Messages/Alerts

Hello @Speranza239

Please let us know if you received the renew prompt on your browser or was it a pop-up from McAfee next to the system tray. This should help us determine if it was indeed from McAfee or if it was a scam as you suspect.

Regards
Farhan

Pepboy
Contributor
Message 22 of 23

I am getting too many alerts which is annoying. The settings menu is not showing any options to reduce alerts..no options appear on the General Settings & Alerts menu.  In some cases closing the message does not prevent it from popping up again. I am on the latest version of Windows 10. I converted from Norton to McAffee earlier in the year, but may have to switch back if the annoying alerts cannot be prevented. 

selvan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 23 of 23

Please help us with a screenshot of the pop-up in order to understand the issue better. Reason is that we show alerts from various components such as WebAdvisor etc.,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community