cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adhoekstra
Former Member
Message 1 of 2

Fatal errors/PC reboots after upgrade to ISS 10

After the recent automatic upgrade to Internet Security Suite 10, I have trouble with all kinds of devices (CD/DVD, USB connected devices like ipod, memory etc). The computer locks up or reboots and afterwards is tells me it recovered from a fatal error.

When I go back to the previous Windows recovery point the problem goes away (but then McAfee Security Center wants to upgrade again... which for now I have set to manual). I have no clue where to look for a solution to this issue.

Hope you can point me in the right direction.

1 Reply
adhoekstra
Former Member
Message 2 of 2

Re: Fatal errors/PC reboots after upgrade to ISS 10

I pointed this down to an issue with mfehidk.sys by analysing the windows minidump. Googleing on this driver doesn't help me much however, it just adds to my confusion...

Hope someone can help me,

tia, André

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community