Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mailtocharel
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Fasle Positive - t2p_v12_live.exe

Hi,

We are a organization in the UK supporting aver 2000 schools, we have a couple of schools using McAfee as their anti virus software complaining of our file being recognised as a trojan horse. I have uploaded the file on webimmune and had no response also sent in an email about 3 days back no response and this is getting frustrating now as we have schools waiting.

the file t2p_v12_live.exe is being detected as trojan, this is a wrong detection.

Can someone please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 7

RE: Fasle Positive - t2p_v12_live.exe

If you are not hearing from them then either the answer is caught in your spam/junk filters or your ISP is refusing traffic from McAfee Avert or you haven't followed the correct procedures as in my experience one gets an auto-response immediately, followed by a human response within 24 - 48 hours.

The files you submit must be zipped and password protected using the password infected and be no more than 3mb in size and include no more than 30 individual files.

The procedure is here: http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?t=228162

Sorry we can't expedite it here.
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Could you get some more files to be submitted and if possible provide a link to download the software ?

Please do mention the webimmune id in the nxt post incase an AVERT tech sees that it will be easy
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 7

There hasn't been an Avert tech in these forums in over a year Vinod, so that's out.
mailtocharel
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

HI Ex_Brit,

I apologise but am not sure how to send the file as a password protected file.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

I have sent them a zipped file with the file extension changed from .exe to .txt....none of the mail accounts that i know of allow you to send exe files as they are application files.
mailtocharel
Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Hi Vinod,

Analysis ID File Findings Detection Type Date Extra
5315914 t2p_v12_live.exe current detection generic dropper!u Trojan 05/19/09 No

Am sorry due to data protection am not allowed to give the usernames or passwords to download the file.
but our web address is www.teachers2parents.co.uk.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

You'll have to use something other than Gmail as it has that restriction. Webmail perhaps? The .exe must be intact insode the zipped folder. That's why you get no response.

How to Password Protect a Zipped File in XP.

How to Password Protect A File In Vista - download a free zip utility such as 7-Zip, use the send to encrypted folder option and that then asks you to input a password.

It is possible to do it natively but only in the topmost versions of Vista....I know, don't even ask me why!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community