cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skyc80
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Failure to install after upgrading to windows 8

So, a week earlier i brought a lenovo y580 that comes with a 3 years internet secrity card.

before upgrading my y580 into windows 8 pro, it's still working perfectly in windows 7, but as soon as i upgraded my laptop to windows 8 pro, i'm having a problem of failure upon installing mcafee internet secrity.

Can some1 tell me what to do? it's written there that my system is not supported by mcafee

4 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 5

Re: Failure to install after upgrading to windows 8

The latest versions 11.6 and 12.1 (varies as the latter is still being released slowly) support Windows 8 x86 and x64.  Are you installing from a CD or online?    If the former, try the latter but I would uninstall everything via Control Panel > Programs first, then run the MCPR cleanup tool listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, reboot, then run the installer using the online account option.

If it continues to act up contact Technical Support for help, it's free by phone or online chat and linked under Useful Links above.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 17/12/12 8:13:34 EST AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 5

I should have added that if you get the software from a 3rd party such as your ISP or PC maker there is a possibility that they haven't yet passed through the updated versions of the software to their customers.  Support can check that I think.

skyc80
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

hi, can u provide the link for me to download the version that was stated?

besides, i try redeeming by using the code that i used before, and it said that the code has been redeem once.

i do consult the local lenovo shop, (the 1 who sell me my pc that comes with the 3 year internet security macafee card), and they suggest that i should write an email to the customer support centre to reactivate my code, is that the right procedure?

if yes, can i have the email for the centre who will oversome these hardship?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Your online account should be here:  https://home.mcafee.com/secure/protected/login.aspx? assuming you avctivated one already.

Customer Service is best contacted by phone or online chat, far faster than using email.

They will sort out the problem with the key already being used etc. etc.. for Malaysia call 1800 807643. 

Online Chat here:  http://service.mcafee.com/faq/country.html look down the page to Asia, Pacific (APAC).

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/01/13 7:05:35 EST AM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community