cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The_Narc
Former Member
Message 31 of 62

Re: Event ID: Mfehidk & McShield. MVT not working.

Hello,

I got the same error and apparently not even a single person cares about it. For that reason I switch to ESET and everything is working excellent, even better than McAfee's latest version.

Cheers,

The_Narc

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 32 of 62

It's been clearly stated that it's being dealt with, so it simply isn't true that "not even a single person cares about it".   Just because a tool misidentifies a file for a while wouldn't be enough reason for me to jump ship.

Anyway, good luck.

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 15/03/10 9:22:02 EDT AM
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 33 of 62

Narc, sorry to hear that you've opted to go with a different product. I am still looking into this, but haven't gotten a solution yet. The closest I've come thus far is that it's an interaction between ghost, us, and the OS, but haven't yet been able to narrow down. I was hoping (as per a previous post) that we could actually get support to work on one of the affected computers. We've still got Lewdog64 though, so maybe we can set something up there.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 34 of 62

Hi,

I have requested for some aditional information on this through your privatemessage. Please reply back to it so that we could proceed with your issue and fix it for you.

Regards,

Dinesh K

McAfee Online Comunity Moderator

lewdog64
Former Member
Message 35 of 62

got it, replied

The_Narc
Former Member
Message 36 of 62

Hello Ex_Brit,

I apologize if my answer was a little rude but I was talking about the dev. team that should have done enough tests before they release the product... I think they rushed it so they don't stay back from the rest but they are starting to loose clients, old and loyal, because their support is terrible. I will always appreciate all the help you gave me and to this forum, the same for Somer Pyron but I have to say that instead of decreasing the problems posted here they are increasing in different environments, so, that's why I decided to switch to another av solution, because I was not feeling protected with McAfee anymore. Hope to become a McAfee costumer again and be able to rec to my friends and family as I've always done in the past.

Cheers,

The_Narc

Edited on on 3/16/10 9:12:31 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 37 of 62

I understand.  Good luck.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 38 of 62

I also wish you the best of luck Narc. I'm sorry to lose you as a customer, but keep your eye on us! 2010 is going to be a big year. We'll see if we can entice you back!

lewdog64
Former Member
Message 39 of 62

well I had a mcafee rep connect to my computer to try to fix my problem. He did the exact same thing I did 5 times now and there was one change we didnt receive an error from the virtual technition. My problem with the mfehidk and mcshield is the same along with the problem with the 2010 software and norton ghost 12. I sure wish i could go back to the older mcafee software I had no problems with that at all. I could do this but then it would just reinstall itself on the next update. Instead of continued posting in someone elses post I will post a new thread about the problem with ghost.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 40 of 62

Thanks for the update Lewdog. I'll discuss this with my Tier 3 in about 40 minutes, see if I can't get more info for you. Did the tech give you a case number?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community