Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Erratic Real-time Scanner Behavior After Build Update

Jump to solution

Hi, I don't know if this is a "glitch" associated with this particular build or if it's just me, but since McAfee updated to the 14.0.7080 build, the Real-Time Scanner has got into the habit of turning itself off roughly ten minutes after startup.

It did this yesterday and I ran MVT but all it found was a new regular update. The Scanner turned itself on after the update installed. The same thing happened today and I was thinking of contacting Tech Support when it inexplicably turned itself back on. I had a similar problem around this time last year but that was following an upgrade from to the 2015 version. currently I'm not sure what to do about it as I've found from previous experience that Tech Support won't really do anything if McAfee is working normally at the time you contact them.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Re: Erratic Real-time Scanner Behavior After Build Update

Jump to solution

That is great   For it falls in the Build 14.0.xxxx

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer

View solution in original post

7 Replies
catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Ruling out any Malware present. It may be best to do a Uninstall/Reinstall? Was it upgraded to the new Version/Build (Automatically)? I ask this because on certain occasions it could be corrupt. It happens...Having said that, for the last (2) years I have relied on McAfee delivering my upgrades to a New Version/Build and all has gone well.

Just a thought...I might add

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks catdaddy.

Since everything was working fine before the build update it's probably that that's caused the problem. I can't remember whether it was a manual or auto update, but this is the first time I've had problems after a build update rather than a version update. The same thing happened today but it righted itself again. I don't really want to reinstall but it it keeps happening I'll have to.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

You are most welcome   Let's hope it remains functioning properly. However , if the case be it continues to act up,if you will. I sincerely believe that would be the best 'Route' to take.

All the Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks Catdaddy,

Around 23-25th February McAfee started acting up again so I re-ran the Virtual Technician. To my surprise, it actually seems to have fixed whatever was causing the Real-Time Scanner to turn off as I've had no repeat issues for the last couple of weeks. That's the first time MVT has permanently fixed this kind of issue - I remember trying this last year but only getting temporary fixes from it.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

Actually this was discussed in our last Conference Call. Albeit not being widespread, they made the determination to incorporate  it into the McAfee Virtual Technician to resolve the issue. Opposed to doing so through an 'Update/Build'

The Version/Build pertaining to this Topic should be  ( MSC 14.0.7085 )

Glad that all is functioning fine now

All the very Best,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
wixey
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks catdaddy,

I'm still on version 14.0.7080, but it seems to have worked for me.

catdaddy
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

That is great   For it falls in the Build 14.0.xxxx

Regards,

CD

Cliff
McAfee Volunteer
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community