Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
halton
Contributor III
Message 1 of 8

Engine update

Jump to solution

I received an error message and decided to run MVT and it told that I need to update my Engine. I tried to get the MVT to fix it and it couldn't fix it and I tried to manually to update the engine by getting the security center to search for and dowmload any updates and it did not work either.

Is this serious?

I am attaching a report of the MVT.

Thank you.

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Engine update

Jump to solution

Your product is courtesy of Dell so it's quite possible that MVT isn't reading it correctly.   If it can't fix it then I would uninstall via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, then run the MCPR Cleanup, reboot and reinstall from your online account.

The above error isn't serious but shouldn't be happening nevertheless.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Jump to solution

Your product is courtesy of Dell so it's quite possible that MVT isn't reading it correctly.   If it can't fix it then I would uninstall via Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program, then run the MCPR Cleanup, reboot and reinstall from your online account.

The above error isn't serious but shouldn't be happening nevertheless.

halton
Contributor III
Message 3 of 8

Jump to solution

Thanks once again.

Jerry

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 8

Jump to solution

You're welcome and good luck.

halton
Contributor III
Message 5 of 8

Jump to solution

I have had other issues with my computer and it is working just right. If this issue is that serious can I leave it? Is it possible that this issue with the engine update will correct itself?

In the future can I just add something to an issue and not change the answer status?

Message was edited by: halton on 10/3/13 4:51:01 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 8

Jump to solution

This isn't a serious problem but it's in your power to mark this or any other answer as the correct answer or not - I just unmarked it for you.  It's not wise to keep a thread going unless it's about exactly the same issue but that's up to you.

halton
Contributor III
Message 7 of 8

Jump to solution

Thank you for all your patience.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 8

Jump to solution

You're welcome 😉

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community