cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawboss
Former Member
Message 1 of 8

Download error

I just purchased Macafee antivirus yesterday. When i tried to download it a message appeared. It said that either that I had no internet connection or the Macafee server is down, try again in a few moments. I have tried and the same thing. Does anyone have a solution. I am stumped.

7 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 8

Re: Download error

What browser & version is this?  Try using IE at its default settings.

shawboss
Former Member
Message 3 of 8

Same deal!

shawboss
Former Member
Message 4 of 8

The IE version is 8.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 8

Moved to SecurityCenter 10 - 2010.

Go to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced and click Reset, Apply and OK - also OK any UAC prompts (Vista/Windows 7).

Close and reopen the browser, go to Tools/Manage Add-ons and re-enable the add-ons.

Retry the download.

Of course it is possible that the download servers are down.

In which case you could try the online Technical Support Chat via Useful Links at the top of this page.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 6 of 8

Hi Shawboss,

Are you using any other antivirus software in the computer (or in the past) ?
How is the computer currently connected to the internet ? (dsl/wireless) ?

Regards,
Dinesh K

Elurion
Former Member
Message 7 of 8

Verify the host file. Do a ping (ping download.mcafee.com) and in the host put the ip of ping xx.xx.xx.xx. download.mcafee.com verify the java are installed. Use MCPreinstall. Use Stinger and then try install on safe mode

Aldrin
Former Member
Message 8 of 8

Check for Windows Update, make sure you install all the available priority updates and also check the Optional Updates - Install all available MSXML & Microsoft.Netframework patches

Reboot and retry the installation

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community