cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tuxedomask_us
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Download error:5

I am trying to install Cox Security Suite powered by McAfee. I keep getting "Download Error:5" while downloading programs. I tried the virtual technician but it wasn't able to fix the errors. I followed instructions to manually delete temp files, cookies, etc. I tried the download again and failed with the same error. I then found the McAfee preinstall tool and tried the tool and download again. This time, the download was able to proceed a little further but still failed. Please Help!
4 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: Download error:5

hi,

what is the operating system and service pack?
what is the processor and RAM?
do you have other security softwares currently installed? if none, what was your previous security software?
tuxedomask_us
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Windows Vista Home Premium (64bit), service pack 1
Intel core 2 duo T6400 @ 2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Norton Internet Security was installed before. Uninstalled successfully and PC rebooted before attempting McAfee install
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

hi,

please run the norton removal tool from the link below... must be remnants of the previous norton that you uninstalled...

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

hope it helps...
tuxedomask_us
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Issue Resolved

Issue resolved! I ran the Norton removal tool and the McAfee installation completed successfully. Thank you so much for your help!
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community