cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peteras
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Disabling Security Center

I currently have VirusScan Plus V 13.0 installed on my PC which is running Windows XP SP3.

In previous versions of VisrusScan you used to be able to disable/enable VisrusScan through right clicking the shield icon or Security Centre icon in the sys tray and selecting an exit or disable option. There are cases when you you want to quickly disable VirusScan and asssociated firewall protection such as installing new software or testing network connections. In the current version I cannot find any menu option to do this.

Please advise how this can be done, hopefully without having to go into MSConfig and remove all the McAfee applications from Startup.
3 Replies
earthdragunz
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Disabling Security Center

hi,

try this:

- open MSC
- click on Computer and Files, on the right hand part click on Configure
- under Virus Protection is enabled, you can put the bullet on OFF

for firewall, choose Internet and Network, and repeat the steps...

hope it helps..
Peteras
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for providing that. I guess I have not gone deeper into the Security Center and configuration options before, including looking at the on-line help which does make mention of stopping protection in the help index.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 4 of 4

Moved to the solved area.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community