cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemisrt8
Former Member
Message 11 of 20

RE: Detection File more than 30 days old?

Yes. Still no change.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 12 of 20

i have tried to review the posts but i think we haven't tried manually updating mcafee... please try clicking on the update on your mcafee and post the error here... error message might help us if there are any...
hemisrt8
Former Member
Message 13 of 20

Again no luck. It asks me to connect to the internet.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 14 of 20

hi,

what is the operating system (windows version that we are working on) ?

do you have other antivirus software installed in the system? also check for other firewall softwares...
hemisrt8
Former Member
Message 15 of 20

Windows XP Home Edition. Version 5.1.2600.

No other antivirus. I had Norton and it was removed when I installed McAfee.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 16 of 20

did you run the removal tool for the norton product you had (not add or remove programs)?
hemisrt8
Former Member
Message 17 of 20

I did not. Just tried looking for it and didn't find it.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 18 of 20

please try to run the removal tool for the norton product that was previously installed in your computer... click on the link below...

http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

please make sure that you are able to run the proper removal tool for the norton product you used...
hemisrt8
Former Member
Message 19 of 20

Oy, no luck on that either. I clicked the Download button for the removal tool and got the message below. I also downloaded Firefox as I believe I saw that the McAfee support would work with it, however it didn't connect to the internet either. Could it be that I need to uninstall Safari?? My only worry with that, is if it doesn't work, I would be able to get back onto the internet on this computer.

Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exe”. The error was: “unknown error” (CFURLErrorDomain:-998) Please choose Report Bugs to Apple from the Help menu, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message.
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 20 of 20

safari is a browser that is not supported by mcafee... it is important that IE is installed in the computer as mcafee uses this browser as its platform... if IE is no longer in your system try installing it through microsoft.com... let's see if it helps... when IE is installed please run the removal tool for norton...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community