Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 61 of 95

Re: Desktop Icon still reappears after ver. 11.0.654 install

Jump to solution

If you end up getting 11.0.654 and after a reboot the issue remains. Please send me a private message. I will set up a remote session and take a look at a few things. We would probably reinstall with verbose logging enabled so I can give the install logs to the developers. By the end of our session your issue will be fixed.

Thanks,

detu
Former Member
Message 62 of 95

Jump to solution

can you fix the icon problem remotely like your email says

detu
Former Member
Message 63 of 95

Jump to solution

i'm done goodbye

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 64 of 95

Jump to solution

detu,

It's been an hour and a half between Doug offering to connect and resolve your issue and your reply that you would like him to. He probably hasn't seen your post yet, as the Community isn't his primary job function. I'll send him a message and see if I can get him back for you, if you could please give us a little more time.

Thanks,

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 65 of 95

Jump to solution

Sorry I was down eating lunch.

I have sent you the link via private message. That will initiate a remote session.

The links expire every 30 minutes so please respond to my email and I will get you a fresh link.

Regards,

Message was edited by: dougr_t3_support on 1/19/12 2:03:08 PM PST
michaellinder
Former Member
Message 66 of 95

Jump to solution

This is beal-breaker that  smells like an overzealous marketing executive demanding prime placement on our desktops. My McAfee SecurityCenter shows an 11.0.649 version and no additional update available.

If you can't, or refuse to, fix this annoyance I'll be gladly switching to Microsoft Security Essentials which is free and non-invasive, unlike the self-promoting McAfee. I'm sure I won't be alone.

Peacekeeper
Message 67 of 95

Jump to solution

The fix is there in Au Us and UK servers. Just try a manual update several times it is throttled so it will come down soon. Build 654 is the fix.

Relax the fix works

dougr_t3_suppor
Former Member
Message 68 of 95

Jump to solution

The fix has been deployed to all servers now. To bypass the 25% throttle, you can install from your regular McAfee site. More information is here in the document.

Regards,

jcholcomb47
Former Member
Message 69 of 95

Jump to solution

Ran update this morning.  Deleted desktop icon before restart.  Icon still gone after restart.  Rebooted again later and icon is still gone.  I would say the issue has finally been fixed.  Thanks very much.

As a PS, I suggest that the next time any software update, as opposed to a simple .dat file update, is planned, that you add this specific issue to your check list for testing.  This may seem obvious by now, but it was evidently left off the list for the last update, despite the same/similar issue a year ago.

user_6
Former Member
Message 70 of 95

Jump to solution

Hello,

here in France my wife's machine, in W7 64 bits,has been updated to 654 yesterday and the icon can be deleted.

Mine, in Vista 32 bits, cannot be updated: I have only DAT updates. And Security Center 649.

Is this normal?

I have seen on the document about this issue that all servers are in "green"....

Must I wait?

Regards,

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community