Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 51 of 95

Re: Desktop Icon still reappears after ver. 11.0.654 install

Jump to solution

Hi Patrick,

Did you buy your software directly, or did you get it through your ISP? The patch is pushed out at a 25% throttle, so it may be that you haven't gotten the update yet. Let me know about the ISP, and do a check for updates on one of the computers maybe 5 or 10 times to try and get yourself into the throttle group and let me know please?

Thank you!

toebin
Former Member
Message 52 of 95

Jump to solution

I got the .654 update last night and it fixed the icon problem!!!!  Thank You !

venenum
Former Member
Message 53 of 95

Jump to solution

Someone help me. I have mcafee total protection. Italian version. I have made the changing in Regedit, but icon reappears again.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 54 of 95

Jump to solution

Venenum,

The patch for Italy will begin rolling out later today. You'll need to do several check for updates, but I would wait a few more hours.

venenum
Former Member
Message 55 of 95

Jump to solution

Several check for updates? it means update for today or tomorrow?

Thank you

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 56 of 95

Jump to solution

you can manually check for updates by right-clicking the M icon and selecting Check for updates...

Do that 5-10 times, it should get you updated. But I would wait a few hours before trying, as the update for your region just became active today.

venenum
Former Member
Message 57 of 95

Jump to solution

Thank you again! Grazie mille! Merci beaucoup ... and gracias de nuevoo!!

patrick_crotty
Contributor II
Message 58 of 95

Jump to solution

SPyron,

I do not get it through my ISP: I got it with my Dell computers.  I have two Dells and a HP laptop.  I tried the 5 to 10 thing and that worked on one Dell with XP, but not the HP laptop or the Dell with Vista.  So what next?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 59 of 95

Jump to solution

Patrick,

The patch is going out at a 25% throttle, meaning that at any given update interval, only a maximum of 25% of the customer base in that region will get the update. With around 40 million customers, it's unfortunately a necessity. This means that your computers should all get it within 4 days if you do nothing. If you do several update checks, it'll keep retrying until it gets it, but there's no set number. All I can suggest is to keep checking for updates until the other 2 computers get it. Sorry, I know that's sort of a silly bit of advice.

patrick_crotty
Contributor II
Message 60 of 95

Jump to solution

Thanks, I'll keep at it.

Patrick

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community