Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nowrabase
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Dell - lost subscription/activation

hi

i got a new dell laptop that shiped to me with security centre activated for 3 years.

i then when to register an account with mcfee (i thought that what i needed to do) and and now it has me on a trail subscription for 30 days and keeps telling me activation is required.

it appears that the orginal activation has been overwritten?

how can i get my subscrition back? i have tried system restore.

do i need to contact dell?

can someone help?
4 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: Dell - lost subscription/activation

with the subscription you had with DELL did you register any email address? if you have... use that email address to download and install mcafee through http://us.mcafee.com.

here's how you do it:

1. uninstall mcafee through add or remove programs
2. run the removal tool in my signature
3. go to http://us.mcafee.com and then login using the email address you used when you registered the 3 year subscription you had with dell...

hope this helps...
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi nowrabase,

please do not follow the uninstall and reinstall instructions if you don't have a registered email address with the mcafee you have with DELL. if this is the case... i would suggest/recommend that you contact DELL for better assistance as they may know what needs to be done with your case...

or

you can also try mcafee chat for technical assistance just click on the link below...

https://service.mcafee.com/UserInfo.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT

i apologize for the inconvenience.
nowrabase
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

great customer service

just a show post to advise of the fix and also to comment on great customer service

i ended up restoring the factory image that dell install on their laptops - no big hassle given there was not much history on the machine as i only had it a week - this did the trick

but i must say the mcafee customer service response was very prompt and very willing to assist - well done guys and gals :):)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 5

Glad you are fixed up.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community