cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 31 of 39

hmm..

your computer is not infected with anything "unwanted" right..? hmm.. any pop-ups you are getting maybe?
if possible, can you look again on your control panel>add/remove programs and try to double check if you anything there (any program) that may concern with protection, security, safety, or something like that..?:rolleyes:
TheAladdin
Former Member
Message 32 of 39

RE: hmm..

I am very sure there is nothing from all this.

by the way the mcafee stoped downloading, not dont install. IF it was not installing then ya there would be something blocking it but it's not downloading, it start the download then stop at like 70% sometimes at 90% it's ranomdly from the server for sure.
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 33 of 39

try running mcpr again, then restart computer.

then, search your computer with remaining mcafee files. delete all files found related to mcafee.

hit start>run>%temp%>click ok
delete all files on this window

then, empty recycle bin.

open IE. delete cookies/temp files.
tools>internet otions>content tab>disable content advisor

after doing all these, try downloading your mcafee again.
if it still doesn't work, then it's a possible network or server problem and you may try downloading again after 24-48 hours. wink
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 34 of 39

The issue is clearly something on the n/w there and has nothing to do with any server.

We have not received any reports as to any issues on the servers for a long time.

Perhaps its the way the Internet service provider limits band width usage in your area.
If possible do a Custom download and see if you are able to download the suite.

The toughest part is the Virusscan part that is the largest and contains lots of packets.

if its a wireless connection see if it helps connecting directly
or try from another Network
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 35 of 39

That's a brilliant idea Vinod and I never thought of it. Use the Customize option when downloading and only install 1 feature at a time starting with VirusScan.
TheAladdin
Former Member
Message 36 of 39

Dear both of you,

I tried all that, and i tried to download 1 feature at a time and it was the Virusscan, maybe there is something wrong with virusscan?, I will try download only 1 thing now which is SiteAdvisor see what will happen.
matrixluke
Contributor
Message 37 of 39

ERROR12002

This is completely a bandwidth issue. problem is that your bandwidth is not sufficient enough to occupy the huge cab files of Virus scan( you'll be able to download other programs using the customize option). Even if you somehow get all the programs installed, that will not be the end of issues. You'll find very difficult to update your Virus scan, as the updates will be keep looping :Dbetween 7% to 28%...

I'd suggest to connect the PC directly to your router if you are using a Wireless connection or try downloading from a Different Network..
pramoshinde2007
Former Member
Message 38 of 39

Re: RE: hmm..

We are facing same problem error code 12002 but not get any solution from mcafee support team.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 39 of 39

Re: RE: hmm..

You are posting in an ancient thread and as cicumstances have changed drastically since 2008 I suggest starting your own thread under whatever product header applies to you.   'We' and the mention of the Product Support Team suggest you may be using Enterprise...?   This area is for home products only.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community