Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 39

RE: Dear Mcafee Comunity,<br

Oh dear...well hopefully Vinod will have some ideas.
TheAladdin
Former Member
Message 12 of 39

I hope so, and until then i am using AVG anti-virus free edition for now =(.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 39

Have you tried connecting directly to the internet not through the router?
TheAladdin
Former Member
Message 14 of 39

No didnt try this. But i am gona try this now if you think it gona work.
TheAladdin
Former Member
Message 15 of 39

ok I tried direct connect, Same problem.

Tried another ISP same problem.

Tried another PC same problem.

Is mcafee sad of having alot of customers and trying to lose some customers by doing this??, i been using Mcafee from 7 years, they should find me a solution. The Solution should be giving me a link for a .rar file which is compelete + a key for the program from my account other wise i will not be able to get the program.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 39

You appear to be in the middle east somewhere, are you behind any proxy servers where you are? Which download point are you using for your products?
TheAladdin
Former Member
Message 17 of 39

That's not the first time i download Mcafee to my computer =(, i been using mcafee from long time ago. This happend for the first time so i am really confused and dont know what to do.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 39

I repeat, which download servers are you using...which country are you using to download? Plus, where are you situated and are you behind a proxy?
TheAladdin
Former Member
Message 19 of 39

I tried downloading from UK, US, AU. I am in KUWAIT.

Primary DNS: 195.226.228.72

Secondary DNS: 195.226.228.74

This is the DNS which i am using.

There is no proxy.

Little Note for you: When i am downloading Mcafee the download keep cutting, like 62kb/s then it goes to 10kb/s then 62kb/s then 0kb/s then 40kb/s, and this only happen when i am downloading Mcafee. (The compatibility Cheker download doesnt do this so maybe they should make also the mcafee program from the server of the compatibility checker).

Also another thing, Before i had the Mcafee installed on my pc but it wasnt updating anymore for a known reason that's why i Uninstalled Mcafee and tried to download it. I heard someone saying that his mcafee wasnt updating and he fixed the problem so i dont know.Maybe i should get a proxy to use? and if yes can you give me a trustful proxy?.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 39

It's proxies that are usually the cause of this and similar issues. I'm wondering if someone is throttling traffic in your area, it's not unheard of.

I'm going to have to flag this and hope we get some help, which has been rather sparse to say the least lately.

The up and down rate of the download servers is pretty normal for McAfee....if only we could get them working permanently in your case.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community