Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 11 of 40

Re: Dat out of date?

Jump to solution

So am I so am assuming that there is a central issue with the servers.  Your SecurityCenter is an actual webpage and if the servers are acting up it may or not behave as it should.   I've posted internally about this to see if other Mods/Support people can enlighten me..

If you have the time and patience to do so please report this to Support.    I personally don't have the time.   Usually such issues pass eventualloy which is what I'm relying on.

kez
Contributor III
Message 12 of 40

Jump to solution

According to TS 101446 http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?lc=1033&id=TS101446, you need to download DAT 6809. It's not just connectivity, you can't get updates or run scans etc.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 13 of 40

Jump to solution

OK 6809 just installed here and made no difference to script erros when trying to navigate the GUI.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 14 of 40

Jump to solution

OK in my case 6809 didn't cure the script erros and that article (not sure why I couldn't locate it before) gives the last option to uninstall, reinstall.  It fails to suggest you uninstall first the normal way via Control Panel before running MCPR.  That is essential if you want to make sure your online account isn't dinged twice by the ensuing installation.

I'm about to do that and see if it helps.

muck
Former Member
Message 15 of 40

Jump to solution

I went ahead and rebooted my machine.  As soon as my machine came up and I logged in, I got a Flash Player update message from Adobe.  Before doing it though, I tried to update from the Security Center and I was able to upgrade to 6809.  I also ran it again and was told I was up to date.  The reboot seemed to make the script errors go away.

So at this point, I'm going with the assumption that either something was flakey with my connection to McAfee or the reboot cleared things up.  Based on the issues with 6807 (and 6808?) I'm hoping being at 6809 is where I want to be.

Thanks again for all your help.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 16 of 40

Jump to solution

Good - 6809 was supposed to cure whatever the issue was.  In my case it didn't unfortunately so I'm about to reboot.

kez
Contributor III
Message 17 of 40

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip. Rebooted, and DAT 6809 downloaded on the 2nd attempt. However, Navigation Centre is still blank, and I can't see scheduled scan details, or get it to run a scan. Still getting same error message. DAT 6810, anyone?

Message was edited by: kez on 8/19/12 12:18:07 PM CDT
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 18 of 40

Jump to solution

I'm having to reinstall all my McAfee installations.  See the announcement at the top here:  https://community.mcafee.com/community/home/

kez
Contributor III
Message 19 of 40

Jump to solution

Thanks Peter.

Reinstallation seems to be the only option. Shame, it's such a drag. Oh well, a job for tomorrow.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 20 of 40

Jump to solution

At least one person said 6809 cured it for them, they were lucky.    All the best and sorry about this mess.   I wasn't aware of what was going on until half way through when I noticed mine was acting up too.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community