cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berkey99
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

DAT not being updated by autoupdate

AutoUpdate is enabled and the install automatically option is selected. For the second time in 2 weeks Internet Security Suite 2009 reports the DAT file is older than 8 days and places a yellow exclamation point on the M icon. If I attempt a manual update nothing happens.

If I select Fix it acts like it is doing something but nothing happens.

Next I allowed the virtual technician to inspect my installed components. It updated the DAT file and reports the problem fixed but the Security Center still says there is a problem. Help please.

Berkey99
3 Replies
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: DAT not being updated by autoupdate

check the following:

time
date
time zone

if setting is not accurate, change to appropriate settings...

if issue persists do the following...

run this tool:
1.http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MSCPRXFIX.exe
2. then restart the computer
3. open mcafee security center and manually update mcafee...

if the tool doesn't help... please run MVT again and post the session ID.

hope this helps... happy new year!
berkey99
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

Problem Update

Thank you,

I just downloaded and executed MSCPRXFIX.exe then restarted my PC. Before I could perform a manual update the original problem returned. I performed the manual update anyway but McAfee reported my files were up to date but the out of date problem persisted. I ran MVT to collect the session data but it managed to fix the problem. Will it remain fixed?

Berkey99
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

RE: Problem Update

glad it's fixed... yeah, it should... unless changes in your time are made... or other antivirus software that may have conflicts with the DAT file of mcafee are installed...

please keep mcafee under observation and check if same problem recurs...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community