Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vegas1055
Former Member
Message 1 of 7

Cannot update to new dat and MVT says my security center is out of date

Hello,

I am having some issues with total protection 2010.  I recently upgraded my subscrition to my 2009 mcafee, as it ran out.  Once I updated via the web, I could not get updates automatically or manually.  I contact tech support via the chat, and they sent me to a T2 tech.  He worked on my comp. for 2 hours with no resolution and told me it is my internet connection.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program 5 times, using add/remove and the Mcafee removal tool.  I did the clock check and reset IE in tools.  I received a refund from my web purchase on Saturday, after the T2 tech could not rectify the problem.

I purchased a hard copy of the 2010 Total protection 3 user on Sunday and installed it.  Same issues.  Cannot update.  The system tray "arrow" just keeps turning and says "checking security center for updates".  Nothing happens.

I have my scanned manually and all it good.  I have my scheduled scan to go every day and it ran once.  Today, I checked in the morning and had the "On demand error and cannot go further".

I am clueless at this point.  All other software is updating and running fine.

MVT says my DAT is out of date and Security center needs to update, but it doesn't work.

Running XP home, SP3.  IE8, but use firefox mostly.

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
6 Replies
vegas1055
Former Member
Message 2 of 7

Re: Cannot update to new dat and MVT says my security center is out of date

Anyone?

Tried to install downloaded DAT last night, but replacing the folder and it did not work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 3 of 7

Hi,

May I know what is the type of you internet connection ? (Dsl/wireless)
Do you have any other security softwares installed in the computer that could possible block the updates.

Thanks,
Dinesh K
McAfee Online Community Moderator

vegas1055
Former Member
Message 4 of 7

I have DSL, and no other security on the system.

I am running the beta that Peacekeeper set me up with and it seems to be working.  Something is wrong with the retail version and the website download.

I am waiting to running another scheduled scan tonight, and I will see if it all runs correctly.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 7

vegas1055 wrote:

I am running the beta that Peacekeeper set me up with and it seems to be working.  Something is wrong with the retail version and the website download.

If you get issues with beta then you'll have to post on the beta forums:  http://forums.mcafee.com/forums/index.php  Just FYI.

vegas1055
Former Member
Message 6 of 7

Thanks for the heads up.

So far, so good.  Shouldn't be this way, but it is what it is.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 7

Good luck.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community