cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elaineca101
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Cannot reinstall Mcafee

My McAfee Security Centre says I am no longer protected. When I click on Fix, it says One or more errors cannot be fixed due to an error. If I run the Virtual Technician, it says that it cannot automatically fix the problem which is missing files in the security centre and site advisor. It then suggests reinstalling Mcafee. I go back to my account, and download Mcafee. The installer then removes the current version of McAfee and advises to reboot to continue installation. However, when my computer reboots, McAfee is gone, my computer says it has multiple security problems, and I can no longer access my account at mcafee.com to reinstall the programme. (Access to other sites such as hotmail is also blocked). I have to carry out a system restore to get Mcafee back, but again t says I am not full protected. Please advise what I should do?

Many thanks
4 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: Cannot reinstall Mcafee

Hi
Please clarify,
What is the version of operating system you use (Vista / XP)?
Did you receive any kind of alert/advertisements or pop-ups in the computer?
Ping the Downlaod.mcafee.com and post the IP address you get (Start-Run-type CMD- ping download.mcafee.com)

Perform the McAfee Virtual Technician in both computer and post the session ID http://mvt.mcafee.com/mvt/default.asp
elaineca101
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi

I use Windows Vista

I get two Mcafee alerts when starting the computer : one says the computer is not protected, the next says an error occured while updating and asks me to reinstall the Mcafee Virus Scan.

When I ping Downlaod.mcafee.com I get the following IP address : 81.23.243.153

Session ID from McAfee Virtual Technician is : 18592476

Many thanks
partypie3
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

I have this same issue, thanks.
Gireesh
Former Member
Message 5 of 5

Once we have performed system restore, McAfee SecurityCenter will not be up to date. There will be a chance of missing some Antivirus library components and it will not get the latest updates.

You have to remove the McAfee products before re-installing it..

In this case, you may uninstall and re-install the whole McAfee SecurityCenter to resolve this issue.

You may use the McAfee removal tool (MCPR) to remove McAfee and then try to re-install it.
You can use the below link and then run the MCPR tool.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community