Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex314
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Cannot register new Internet Security 2010

Hello,

I used to have a subscription through my internet provider xs4all.nl. Since I changed providers I bought Internet Security 2010, installed this on one of my machines and entered product key. This key was then apparently linked to the existing account, but I don't have any more the e-mail address belonging to it.

I then de-installed IS 2010 and ran the software removal tool. Installed IS 2010 again, but registration did not succeed. The product key still appeared to be linked to the xs4all account.

I made a new account, tried to link the product key to this account: no success.

I tried to change the e-mail address from xs4all to my current address: no success.

I did that again using an alias to my current e-mail address: no success.

My question is: what can be done now?

As I have two packages of a three licences IS 2010 to install on all of my six machines, I cannot proceed until I know how to solve this issue. The current subscriptions on all of the machines expires today!!

System: Windows XP (build 2600) SP 3

McAfee installed: SecurityCenter V: 9.15 - VirusScan V: 13.3 - Personal Firewall V: 10.3 - SiteAdvisor V: 2.9 - Anti-Spam V: 10.3 - EasyNetwork V: 3.15 - Backup and Restore - V: 3.15

9 Replies
Manoj_AR
Former Member
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot register new Internet Security 2010

Hi Alex,

Please contact our chat support using the below link, we can change the product into your valid e-mail account only by verifying the account records.

http://service.mcafee.com/LocaleSelect.aspx?lc=1033&sg=TS&pt=1&st=CHAT

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/26/09 7:18 AM
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

If you'd prefer it in Flemish: 

http://service.mcafee.com/TechSupportHome.aspx?lc=1043&sg=TS&st=CHAT

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 11/26/09 7:19 AM
Alex314
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Manoj_AR:

I completed a session and all is OK now. Thanks.

Ex_Brit:

Aarrgghhh. There is no such language as Flemish. There is only Dutch.

Nonetheless: I could conduct the session in Dutch allright - no problem. And the issue was set right. Thank you too.

Message was edited by: Alex314 on 11/26/09 7:25 AM

Message was edited by: Alex314 on 11/26/09 7:27 AM
Manoj_AR
Former Member
Message 5 of 10

Glad to here that issue got fixed Alex.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 6 of 10

I stand corrected...it's spoken in Belgium.  Glad it's OK.

Alex314
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

No no: in Belgium about half of the people speak French and the other half Dutch. A minority speaks German.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

Alex314 wrote:

No no: in Belgium about half of the people speak French and the other half Dutch. A minority speaks German.

Well I guess someone should correct Wikipedia then.  I'm from England and have been to the Netherlands many times so I'm fully aware that you speak Dutch.  I was only trying to be correct, perhaps I was being old-fashioned.

Alex314
Former Member
Message 9 of 10

Officially there is only a Dutch language (and a French language for that matter). But you are right that we commonly speak about the people in Flanders as speaking 'Flemish', as the text in Wikipedia says it is a variety of Dutch, not really a dialect I should say. The Wallonia people also speak a kind of French that differs from the 'official' French. I guess you have the same kind of differences all over England too!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 10 of 10

Thanks for clarifying that.  Yes, you're right, there are dialects for every area in Britain and even here in Canada where I now live.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community