Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caryandkim
Former Member
Message 1 of 4

Cannot install security center

Every time I try to install I get this:

McAfee Integrated Security Platform Installer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
3 Replies
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 2 of 4

RE: Cannot install security center

If you previously had mcafee on that same PC;
1. try running first the mcafee removal tool (CLICK HERE for further info)

If this is the first time that you will download/install mcafee;
1. you should have at least XP or VISTA (CLICK HERE for further info for minimum system requirements in installing mcafee)
2. you should remove first other security programs before downloading/installing mcafee (CLICK HERE for further info)
caryandkim
Former Member
Message 3 of 4

no help

I have run the remval tool. I am running XP and meet the min req, and I have removed all other anti virus software.

Any other suggestions?
bua_ako
Former Member
Message 4 of 4

RE: no help

hi Cary and Kim,

please go to control panle, then open add or remove programs and check if you have MSXML 3 installed.

if it's not there please download and install it via the link below: simply download and install the file named msxml3.msi.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=28494391-052b-42ff-9674-f752bdca9582&displa...

after installing it... run the mcafee removal tool and reinstall the software accordingly... post back if it resolves your issue... hope this helps...
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community