Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
monotone
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Cannot activate product on new Dell laptop

Hello,
I recently bought a new Dell Inspiron 1427 and the preinstalled McAfee said it has to be activated yet when I tried the product setup it said

"Activation can't continue because this McAfee product is made for Dell PCs and it appears that you have a non-Dell PC."

got any help? is dell laptop not recognized the same way as dell PC? thanks before.
3 Replies
secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

RE: Cannot activate product on new Dell laptop

This is something Dell needs to address.

1-800-WWW-DELL
monotone
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

uhh, I don't live in the states so do you know of any support center e-mail I could contact? and oh, I googled the problem and seems like people were getting this error back in 2007 and I tried to run the dellfix.bat and still it didn't help.
secured2k
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I did some quick checking but was unable to figure out if you really needed to contact Dell or McAfee. As for Dell, you need to contact their tech support however you normally get in touch with them. You can start with http://support.dell.com.

For McAfee, there is a Customer Service link at the top of the page with more options.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community