cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Can my dsl modem get a virus

been haveing problems with verizon for a very long time. just paid them morons three hundred dollars and they still havent fixed it. can my dsl modem get a virus.

after i do a clean install of windows and run the updates it runs close to normal. but not perfectly. they told me they were sending a new modem. but i like the one i have so whats up with this bs. the modem has software on it. or firmware i guess theres a diffrence but can it be infected?

i tried replaceing the cable too but its not working.
4 Replies
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

RE: Can my dsl modem get a virus

Hi

we are really sorry for the inconvenience. Do you still have the same issue?

No there is very less chance of getting the infection in the modem but there is a possibility of hard ware or driver issue so best suggestion would be checking with ISP regarding the Modem issue

Regards
Bala
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

not really haveing the same issues but i was wondering because my isp was down for a short period of time, they sent me a new modem which is a piece of crap, but oh well. i guess they could get viruses though, they would have to rewrite the firmware to access the virus so that is operation on the modem and not benigne.
BalaSGS
Former Member
Message 4 of 5

Do you have any more issue with McAfee product? If you have please do get back to us

Regards
Bala
ScarlettJohanso
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

kind of wish it included the mxml parser so you dont get corrupt installs
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community