cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcscotty57
Contributor III
Message 1 of 13

Blue screen crash by mfehidk.sys

The driver mfehidk.sys, installed by my McAfee Antivirus Plus (McASC 11.6, McAVS 15.6, McAPF 12.6), is causing blue screen crashes in my PC.

I found in this forum some threads dedicated to this problem, years or months ago.  

But I don't know from where download the current hotfix for the mfehidj.sys to the McAffe Antivirus Plus. Can somebody help me?

Thanks!

My system: Windows XP SP3 (Spanish) with 4 GB RAM

El mensaje fue editado por: mcscotty57 on 29/12/12 18:00:00 CST
12 Replies
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 13

Re: Blue screen crash by mfehidk.sys

Technical Support would be of assistance in this case.  They are linked under Useful Links at the top of this page.  It's free by phone or onine chat.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 13

I did some further checking and the aforementioned hotfix only applied to Enterprise/Business software - at least I think it did.  However Support will know.    The only suggestioins I can offer is to make sure that you system is totally up to date, including IE which should be version 8, whether or not you use it, and all drivers - check Device Manager thnat all hardware is behaving as it should be.  BSOD's are usually hardware-related.

You could try uninstalling McAfee in the normal way via Control Panel, then running the MCPR cleanup tool, listed under Useful Links at the top of this page, reboot and reinstall from your online account.

mcscotty57
Contributor III
Message 4 of 13

Thank you, Ex_Brit!

I don't have new hardware in my PC, and I have already verified the whole hardware that I have. 

The only "new" software is the McAfee Viruscan Plus (MAVP), that I reinstalled days ago.

I  have unistalled and reinstalled several times the MAVP, and the BSODs continued. 

But... Now I have uninstalled the MAVP and I installed the McAfee Internet Security (that I bought now), and since this I no longer have BSODs

I will continue watching the operation of my PC, but I believe that the problem was the MAVP.

Important: In at least two BSOD, the file mfehidk.sys appeared as responsible for the crash. No other file appeared mentioned.

Regards!

El mensaje fue editado por: mcscotty57 on 07/01/13 8:42:59 CST

El mensaje fue editado por: mcscotty57 on 07/01/13 8:43:27 CST
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 13

That is interesting.  Maybe the Internet Security is a later version and has the fix included.   If you have any further issues I would contact Technical Support, it's free by phone or online chat and available via Useful Linkis at the top of this page.

mcscotty57
Contributor III
Message 6 of 13

Maybe the Internet Security has the fix included... Or, more probably (I think), maybe only the last version of MAVP has that problem, like Enterprise/Business software.

I have used MAVP several years, and only now this problem appeared, after a full reinstallation of MAVP.

Regards!

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 7 of 13

Good luck 😉

mcscotty57
Contributor III
Message 8 of 13

No way! BSOD again!

DSCN3114.JPG

File mfehidk.sys going mad me another time. BSOD in Spanish (like my WinXP) is signal of software problem, my computer technician says.

There I go again to look for a solution. When it gets it, I will come to publish it.

I will contact to the Technical Support to request help.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 13

Sorry you are having do much problem.  Good luck with Support.

anand06
Former Member
Message 10 of 13

If you have not previously set a restore point in System Restore, you cannot restore your computer to a previous state. If you are not sure, or if you have not previously set a restore point, contact Support.

To start System Restore using the Command prompt, follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer and then press and hold F8 during the initial startup to start your computer in safe mode with a Command prompt.
  2. Use the arrow keys to select the Safe mode with a Command prompt option.
  3. If you are prompted to select an operating system, use the arrow keys to select the appropriate operating system for your computer, and then press ENTER.
  4. Log on as an administrator or with an account that has administrator credentials.
  5. At the command prompt, type %systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe, and then press ENTER
  6. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore your computer to a functional state.
  7. Update us
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community