cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crecord1
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Blocked Mesh Router Connections

I have been receiving some notices that McAfee has blocked some suspicious incoming connections.  I have a Lynksys Router and 4 Mesh Velop Nodes.  When I look at the IP addresses of some of the blocked connections, 4 of the IP addresses are for the nodes.  Is McAfee blocking access from those nodes, or is there a external connection trying to get in from one of those nodes.  I'm a bit confused..  The Nodes are all part of the Mesh router system.  Occasionally, for reasons I don't understand, sometimes my nodes get knocked off the system and have to be rebooted.  Should I unblock and allow those 4 connections.  I also see the IP of the address of the Router itself has been blocked as suspicious connections as well (quite often).  I have been having intermittent loss of WiFi connectivity on my desktop.  I cycle the the connection on and off and it comes back.  Could McAfee also be causing this by blocking the router?

Looked further:  The nodes are trying to access Port 137 and the Router Port 138 if that makes a difference.

NOTE: I recently updated McAfee.

1 Reply
Dustin_techie
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Blocked Mesh Router Connections

Maybe a mod can help here. I do see many blocked connections in my settings

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community