cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
golffer
Former Member
Message 1 of 10

Blank Security Center

When I double click on the McAfee icon to open Security Center it comes up blank. I am running Visita. I have re-installed McAfee and it still comes up blank. How do I fix it?

Thank you.
Tags (1)
9 Replies
vinod_r2
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

RE: Blank Security Center

See if you got Internet explorer 8 Beta 2.. if that is the Browser that you have uninstall that and use the IE-7

As the name suggests IE-8 is in BEta and hence not a full protected.. so is not fully tested and functional as far as McAfee is concerned so will not work with it.:)
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 3 of 10

Moved to your own thread as it had nothing to do with the other person's thread.
ShrutiBlue
Former Member
Message 4 of 10

Hey, I have the exact same problem and am also using IE8, but how to uninstall it? It's not even listed in the add/remove programs list.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 5 of 10

Do you have the "Show Updates" checked at the top of Add/Remove?

If it still doesn't show then I gleaned this information from the Microsoft Newsgroups.

From the IE8 release note:

If Internet Explorer 8 Beta 2 does not appear in the Currently Installed
Updates list, run the following command at an elevated command prompt:
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages/M
Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-8*.mum /c "cmd /c echo Uninstalling
package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart"

ShrutiBlue
Former Member
Message 6 of 10

I can't see any option to show updates, and when I run that on an elevated command prompt, it says "Error: Invalid option/argument - 'Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer8*.mum'.
Type "FORFILES /?" for usage.
ShrutiBlue
Former Member
Message 7 of 10

Nevermind, I got it. It's not blank anymore
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 8 of 10

In XP you would have to be signed in as a user with Administrative privileges and the "View Updates" must be checked as shown in the thumbnail below.
To remove IE8 go to control panel > uninstall a program and then click "view installed updates". Find IE8 Beta 2 and click uninstall.
If you guys are having problems finding it to uninstall, then you are going to have to ask questions on a Windows group.
All I can tell you is what I'm getting from doing a Google search.
I just found this bit of onformation:
Just to clarify, in XP it will be listed as a "program", in Vista, an "update". Both will say "Windows Internet Explorer 8" (beta)
If you have not rebooted since the install of IE8 then do so and check again.
If you have already done that, reinstall it again then reboot to see if it appears in your programs menu.
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 9 of 10

Oops I didn't notice that you already replied...OK now then?
ShrutiBlue
Former Member
Message 10 of 10

Yup, thanks happy
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community