Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FishingSteve707
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Backing up Allow/Block rules!

Hi

I need to reinstall McAfee Security Center but am hoping some one can tell me an easy way to reinstate all the access rules without the long laborious task of clicking allow for all programs that want access to internet.

My verison is 9.15, build 9.15.160

Hope there is a file that can be backed up?

Many thanks

Steve

2 Replies
Dinz
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Backing up Allow/Block rules!

Hi Steve,

Can you provide some inforamtion abouth the computer like;

What is the operating system we use ?

What type of internet connection ?

Did you receive any error message during installation ?

Regards,

Dinesh K

FishingSteve707
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Backing up Allow/Block rules!

Hi

Operating system is Vista Home.

The software came preinstalled from Dell.

For some reason I have Security Center installed and license expires march 2011 but I also seem to have Virus Scan registered but can't find it installed and this license expires in 4 days!!

McAfee have said to reinstall Security Center and this will fix my problem.

I am however looking for an easy way to install but possibly also load back all the custom settings (allow/block rules, trusted sites etc etc....) It can be done manually but I am the onky Admin account on this PC and so for all other USER accounts if a program wants to connect to internet McAfee will ask to allow or block and for USER accounts on the PC that requires them to put in an Admin password!!

If it can't be done then so be it but I would have hoped that there would be some sort on .ini or .dat file that holds all the allowed and blocked access rules!

Internet connection is 10MB cable connection with Virgin Media

No errors seen other than prompt to update license

Regards

Steve

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community