Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
astor
Contributor II
Message 61 of 99

Re: Automatic checking for updates at bootup stalls-W7

Jump to solution

In my installation, I check the version details of the component displayed in "About" titled "McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware".  I've attached screenshots for "before" and "after".  I'm assuming this refers to how up-to-date the virus sigs are.  If not then whatever it is, something isn't updated unless AP is turned off.  I'm not familiar with your LiveSafe Navigation Window.  I click on "About" near the bottom right of the SecurityCenter main window.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

sbond
Former Member
Message 62 of 99

Jump to solution

So it looks like the Engine Version and Engine Creation Date represents the more frequent change or update of signature files and I should see this number change if an update actually occurred. Is this correct?

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 63 of 99

Jump to solution

The SecurityCenter would warn if the signatures were badly out of date.   All of you please check that your system clocks are working correctly and have the right time and timezone.   This could also be a factor. 

sbond
Former Member
Message 64 of 99

Jump to solution

System Clock is fine and correct. The bad news is the newly updated version 14.0.4119 still has a stuck automatic update, with spinning circle going on and on.  So clearly the old version 12.8.992 updated and upgraded automatically without intervention but as soon as it upgraded to 14.0.4113 it is now stuck in a spinning circle and not updating, just like it did with version 14.0.4113.  I think this proves it is something with the 14.0 versions of Security Center.

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 65 of 99

Jump to solution

The spinning circle/false update check is a separate issue which hopefully will be fixed soon.

I had it for a while and the actual updates still came in as normal.

BTW I meant right time, not tight time....getting tired.  Have corrected it.

sbond
Former Member
Message 66 of 99

Jump to solution

Ex_Brit, I guess I'm a little confused as to what a false update is.  I did force the running update to complete via the usual method that I have learned by right clicking on the stuck spinning icon to view the running update, after which there was no change in the current engine or any other program parameter but not every check for update, which occurs several times a day automatically, results in an actual update. Will some automatic checks for update complete normally if there is an actual update or change in signature codes or version?

dazza5
Contributor
Message 67 of 99

Jump to solution

I have the same issue as drekmonger.  This has been going on for about two weeks.

Peacekeeper
Message 68 of 99

Jump to solution

Ok my beta version now on McAfee Security Centre 14.0.5042

Also Antivirus is 18.0.5011

Monitoring the blue update notification icon we beta users were to get the fix first so we can see if there was any issues with the fix.

Will give it a night to test it

Other than the spinning blue icon staying there till I open the GUI updates are working as expected

norfolkman3
Contributor II
Message 69 of 99

Jump to solution

UK 09:00

My Win 8.1  Total Protection Security Centre just updated from 4119 to 4121.  Fingers crossed !!!

My Win 7 laptop is still on 4119.   I will leave both all day and see what happens

Peacekeeper
Message 70 of 99

Jump to solution

I feel 5042 has the fix so far so good will know when I turn the PC on tomorrow morning it always shows up then

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community