cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
franny2000
Former Member
Message 241 of 244

Re: Auto update to Security Center 2010 kills Windows 7 search

I am actually running Att internet security suite.  However out of over 5000 files I can only view 715 in my search index. It is not seeing the user folder.

Pieter1973
Former Member
Message 242 of 244

Hello,

The indexing problem is back! Windows 7 stops indexing when having indexed about 600 to 800 files! It really sucks! Really big chance that the McAfee software causes the troubles! It's exactly the same problem as in 2010.

McAfee Security Center

Version: 11.6

Build: 11.6.434

Affid: 0

McAfee Virus Scan

Version: 15.6

Is anybody else having this indexing problem?

Thanks,

Igor

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 243 of 244

exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 244 of 244

As reasons for issues change over time I'm locking this thread.  Please anyone with new instances of the indexing problem in Windows 7 please start a new thread or contact Technical Support directly, thank you.

The original issue posted at the beginning of this thread was fixed. See:  https://community.mcafee.com/message/154690#154690

Message was edited by: Ex_Brit on 12/10/12 3:55:07 EDT PM
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community