Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 231 of 244

Re: Auto update to Security Center 2010 kills Windows 7 search

Hello Pieter,

Couplel questions:

• What day did you download the update?
  • Where are you located, geographically?
  • Do you get your software directly from McAfee, or from your ISP?
  • What build numbers do you have for SecurityCenter, VirusScan, and Firewall (you can find this by clicking Navigation, About).

Thanks!

Pieter1973
Former Member
Message 232 of 244

Hello Somer,

I think I wrote my message too early! This afternoon there was a new upgrade available. After installing, I started the index function again. Now over 23,000 items are indexed! I live in The Netherlands and I got an update last Friday, so I thought this was the one in which the indexing problem was solved.

At this moment I use build 10.5.216 (Security Center), 14.5.130 (Virus Scan) and 11.5.135 (Firewall). I bought the software (version 2009) last year and renewed it this summer.

I'am very happy this problem is finally solved!

Igor

bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 233 of 244

Thank you Igor.  I'm glad you posted again to tell us that all is well with your system after all.  I was very anxiously awaiting your responses to Somer's queries in great hopes that the update you thought was supposed to mend Win7 was indeed not yet "the big one" with the corrective measures in it.  Now I can sleep easier tonight knowing the "fix" for this one has been a success.

For the newbies and the unwary... if your Security Center is not Build 10.5.216 (or later), then you definitely don't have the corrective version... but be patient, it will come as an update when the wave rolls to your locale.  Depending on geographical location, you may not be in the mix to receive it just yet.  A few more days may be needed.

DAVID_DOH
Former Member
Message 234 of 244

Hi Somer

I have redownloaded the Mcafee program and it still does not allow the search facility in Windows &

Can you advise as to the patch that will fix it ?

Im based in ireland and have 3 home computers all with same problem

Thanks in advance

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 235 of 244

Just wonder if you had used the MCPR removal tool found at the top of this page under Useful Links to completely remove all traces of McAfee prior to you downloading and installing your software.

DAVID_DOH
Former Member
Message 236 of 244

Tom

yes I had used the removal tool and reinstalled the program but still the search facility does not work

k3tg
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 237 of 244

OK just wanted to make sure. Somer may not see this till Monday as I don't think she works on weekends.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 238 of 244

Hey David,

If you go to Navigation, and choose About, can you please let me know the AffID number under SecurityCenter?

franny2000
Former Member
Message 239 of 244

Have this problem been fixed because I am having this issue now.

Dinz
Former Member
Message 240 of 244

Hi there,

This issue was fixed a way back through a McAfee update. Could you please provide us with the below information ;

Open McAfee security center – click on About

McAfee Security center

Version :

Affid :

McAfee Virus Scan :

Version :

Regards,

Message was edited by: Dinz on 2/15/12 10:22:03 AM GMT-06:00
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community