cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Peacekeeper
Message 211 of 244

Re: Auto update to Security Center 2010 kills Windows 7 search

The mods didn't cause the problem, but on the contrary, they too are likely having the same problem(s) in most cases.

Maybe more chance  as I admin the beta forum and have been running the current beta on my main PC for the past 4 years so any boo boo mcafee makes I see them first. Did not pick up on this 1 though as I do not use the feature unfortunately or maybe fortunately.

As mention many times Mcafee releases patches to Au and Ko first then 1 week later to other en speaking countries. This done as a throttled release so you will in most cases take a few days to get it. Only way to beat the queue is uninstall/reinstall via the Au server. This the way things go. BF2 seems to say the fix works maybe indexing a tad slower initially but this we will see as more get it.

Any info appreciated

FRANKKANT
Former Member
Message 212 of 244

Still tomorrow?

Midnight tonight?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 213 of 244

That's correct.

I'll let everyone know when I get the confirmation that the patch has been pushed and replicated to all the servers. It'll mostly like be in the afternoon, US time.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 214 of 244

Hey everyone. You ever type up a post, then forget to hit the send button? I got the confirmation about 4 hours ago that this patch has been released to EN-US, EN-CA, and EN-UK. This means that all of you in those three locales (which is most of you) should start seeing this update come down starting today. It will require a reboot. If you choose to skip the wait, you and uninstall and reinstall now, but please be aware that you might have to setup your personal firewall settings again after reinstalling.

Thanks everyone!!!

DAVISinLA
Former Member
Message 215 of 244

It certainly has been a long road here with McAfee (a bit too long IMHO) but yesterday I showed about 7900 files were indexed...today, after the update, I've got 62,000+, and Windows search, for the first time since I purchased this computer in July, seems to be functioning correctly.

Peacekeeper
Message 216 of 244

Good to hear yes it was a while but as I say mcafee if they can repro the issue will fix it but 1 like this that affects core files will take a while to fix.

bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 217 of 244

Unfortunately, you moderators see it all the time... when a problem gets fixed you don't hear positive feedback from any of the biggest/worst whiners.  Not even so much as a "Hey, thanks a lot... things are working for me fine now!"   I find that is totally inexcusable and downright rude of those who raise the most heck about it.

So, for all of us who gave you such a hard time, and especially for enduring and trying to help the biggest, most pompous self-indulged butt of all (and you know who I mean)...

THANK YOU, Somer!  THANK YOU, Peacekeeper!

Keep up the good work.  Maybe we will "meet" again one day on these threads... but let's hope it's not real soon, eh?

Peacekeeper
Message 218 of 244

Hopefully we do not meet again soon unless you popin to try to help others that is. Thanks for the thanks .

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 5/11/10 6:51:04 AM
Former Member
Not applicable
Message 219 of 244

THANK YOU!!! Seriously guys, thank you for sticking around! I'll let development know we're getting good responses (they always like to know they got it taken care of).

Plotinus
Former Member
Message 220 of 244

I can confirm that the UK update arrived this morning. The increase in the number of indexes from 780 to 143,732 did provide a clue.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community