cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 181 of 244

Re: Auto update to Security Center 2010 kills Windows 7 search

Thanks.  Quietly looking forward to the update tomorrow.

Question:  Peacekeeper mentioned BSOD... I have had BSOD on boot (shortly afterl) a couple of times... were these BSODs related to this issue?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 182 of 244

Heya,

No, the BSOD isn't related to this issue. All the BSODs I've run into had to do with people running the Windows base network drivers (meaning, they let Windows autodetect the network card and install the driver... using a driver which is from 2006!). Updating the network drivers resolves the BSODs I've seen.

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 183 of 244

Hey everyone, I've got some bad news. I just found out about an hour ago, that the release is coming tomorrow for US-Australia and Korea, but it rolls NEXT Tuesday (the 2nd) for EN-USA. Since this was the opposite of the information I was given, I began making some calls and sending some emails. It would appear that somewhere, someone simply typed the wrong date, or somehow this was communicated to me incorrectly... which I then passed on to you guys.

I cannot apologize enough for giving you the incorrect dates. I'm going to give you the CORRECT dates now:

10/26: Release to English-Australia and Korea

11/2: Release to English-USA, English-UK, and English-Canada

11/4: All remaining locales

The size of the download will be approx. 26MB, and it will require a reboot.

bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 184 of 244

FYI, Brian Trombley posted at #151 that the US and AU would be concurrent release, too.  So somebody misinformed him as well.  No biggee...  I'll grab it whenever... won't die from waiting.

Peacekeeper
Message 185 of 244

Brian was going on same info Somer was given. Seems I was correct in my post Brian corrected. I did think that was strange as all releases are Aussie site 1 week prior to US to allow bugs ( haven't seen amy) to hit we downunderites rather than the bigger market USites.

These fixes are fully tested but they always err on the cautious side.

BF2 sent you a PM re steps to aussie site.

bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 186 of 244

PM not in the box, but watching for it.  Is IT alive in AU?

Peacekeeper
Message 187 of 244

All PMs moderated by our admin as some silly people abused their use back a few months or so. When released should be in your box within 24 hrs.

Emailed you the steps instead in case you are in a hurry.

Re release unsure they said 26 aussie time but that also I am suspect of. More likely 26th US time..

Will see if my other PC updates as this PC is running the beta version

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 26/10/10 2:13:46 PM
Peacekeeper
Message 188 of 244

OK reinstalled from Aussie server on my XP test box and no update BUT before you jump ship I then clicked on update and it updated and asked for a restart. Seems it updates next update after installing strange but that appears to be the way it goes. After restart builds still not updated  so will ask Somer to check if builds change.

bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 189 of 244

Yep, I figure it will take a few more hours before things "liven" up.  My subscription runs to Jan, 2012... so, I guess ?? I should be able to download and install Total Protection 2011, which should include the latest and greatest update, right? (if my thinking is correct)  Surely they aren't going to allow 2011 to be downloaded to new users without the fix, eh?

Peacekeeper
Message 190 of 244

The fix will be here today/tomorrow 2011 is a whole new program and will not have any current issues as they will be fixed and not transposed to the new version.

I should be starting to beta test 2011 within a month or so.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community