cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 131 of 244

Re: Auto update to Security Center 2010 kills Windows 7 search

Okay, I've sent my private email to Somer.  So now we wait for a fix... and we wait to see if McAfee steps up to the plate and delivers customer satisfaction.  I'm not holding my breath though.

Incidentally, and it's utterly coincidental that Brian Trombley's post comes out on October 1, not yet a full 4 days after I sent the link to this thread to my local investigative reporting team for NBC on September 27th with a strong urging for them to run a report so the public will know McAfee is selling and distributing programs with a known defect that blocks a significant feature of Microsoft's Windows 7 series programs.

I gave McAfee more consideration than they have given us so I don't feel badly at all for blowing the whistle.  They should have gone public with this themselves.

pacificmike
Contributor
Message 132 of 244

I thought the message said to send it to someone name Hypno or something or the other and when it automatically placed his name in the address field, and hit send it told me there was noone by that name in the community.  Can you explain how to send a private message to Somer?  BTW, good job on trying to put some added pressure of mucafee.

PM

Peacekeeper
Message 133 of 244

Click on Somer's name and the profile opens. at top right there is a Sens a private message tab Follow your nose from there

bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 134 of 244

Mike, are you for real?  How many times does Peacekeeper have to post instructions before you get it?  Now be a good boy, follow instructions, and stop being such a crybaby and a literal pain in the butt.  Somer Pyron is your path to peace and tranquility after all of this settles so if you want to keep messing around and playing the moron you obviously like to portray, you may get totally tossed.  You should instead go about your life and stop burdening these moderators with your childish complaints and loser ways.

I'm tired of your posts having hardly NOTHING to say but gripes that YOU have suffered so much over this.  Where the hell do you come off being the only weed in the muck?

Chill out, and be patient... the ball is in McAfee's court and until they bounce it back across the net, all anyone can do is follow Brian Trombley's instructions and get your freeking name on record with Somer.

If you can't find Somer Pyron's name, look back a few posts and behold, her avatar and name is in the left column.  Click it, then look to the right for the private message button.  And if you can't do that, just be patient... I'm sure she will already have your name and number.

Now dry your eyes, stop your whining, and try to have a good day!

Message was edited by: bigfeather2 on 10/3/10 9:03:00 PM CDT

Message was edited by: bigfeather2 on 10/3/10 9:04:03 PM CDT

Message was edited by: bigfeather2 on 10/3/10 9:07:40 PM CDT
Peacekeeper
Message 135 of 244

BF2 easy on I have no problem repeating myself that link was bad we have to work together and keep the peace . Mcafee is working on the fix and have in past 2 mths cleared up many issues I have been involved in unfortunately this 1 is hanging on. I will reask tomorrow for an update.

DAVISinLA
Former Member
Message 136 of 244

FWIW, as I had mentioned earlier in this thread, I teach computer classes to adults at a community college.

One of the courses I've been teaching is an Introduction to Windows 7. Thus far, I have told at least 50 students (as well as other teachers and our technical people) that McAfee is not compatible with Windows 7.

I don't know if that fact will help your technical people prioritize this issue. (I suspect not.)

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 137 of 244

Brian posted because I contacted him and explained the situation, and that I felt I was not succeeding in giving you guys what you needed. The mods and I do what we can, but we're not developers, and this issue requires some pretty complex changes (as I've been told).

I'll let you know if the news people call though!  If I'm told, anyway. I wouldn't be involved in responding to anything like that though, so I might not know.

Take care!

bigfeather2
Former Member
Message 138 of 244

Brian, you said, "While the issue doesn’t appear to affect all Windows 7 customers, we’re taking it very seriously."

Have you a list of Windows 7 customers?  Just because you aren't hearing from each of the 13,000+ who have hit this thread and the XXX who are hitting Microsoft, does not limit the spectrum of this problem.  Most Windows 7 users don't know they have a problem because they don't rebuild their indexes or do a major search of all their drives.  Do you know how many Windows XP users are out there waiting to see what happens here before they buy Windows 7?

I don't see any posts here of anyone using Win 7 who does not have the problem, or who has the problem and has been able to fix it.  I know of no one in my circle of contacts who has Win 7 who does not have this problem.  Based on that, I would say 100% of Windows 7 users HAVE this problem.

We think you can fix it.  We have been asking for it to be fixed for a lot longer than a couple of months.  Why do you still distribute and sell it if it's defective?

btrombley
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 139 of 244

DAVISinLA wrote:

I don't know if that fact will help your technical people prioritize this issue. (I suspect not.)

We understand the issue and are well aware of how it affects customers.  Prioritization isn't a concern.  The fix is in process, but it's complex and will take time to test and deploy.

btrombley
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 140 of 244

bigfeather2 wrote:

Just because you aren't hearing from each of the 13,000+ who have hit this thread and the XXX who are hitting Microsoft, does not limit the spectrum of this problem.

For context, we pay very close attention to the number of hits that a given thread has.  This is a large part of the reason that there is no debate about the priority of this fix.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community