cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Attack Detection

Why the attack detection feature of McAfee Internet Security are all disabled as factory default, and why there is a warning recommending not to activate those settings at all?

Under web and e-mail protection folder.

Under firewall folder

Under Attack Detection there are 10 settings at least!

I presume if we purchased a firewall it needs to be active in all frontiers of attack for security and monitoring.

Looking to hearing from you.

2 Replies
newjack
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

Re: Attack Detection

hey edufrnslv,I asked the same thing.I was told it does not require those settings.I agree with what you are saying though.Why have it in the program then???Here is the article.Not sure why it is there myself.But i am going to believe what ex-brit says.As i believe him to be a trusted and very helpfull person here at the Mcafee forums.Not sure if that answers your question.                                Jack

https://community.mcafee.com/thread/26401?tstart=0

Message was edited by: newjack on 8/10/10 6:10:33 PM EDT
edufrnslv
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

Re: Attack Detection

Thanks a lot.

I do not know why someone would add a carburator on a car with electronic engine control system....In software they add things we do not need.

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community