Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mtalicarox
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Artemis question

Hello,

I have read the stickies on the Artemis file that are posted, and I have a question about them.

I bought a new computer, and installed mcafee first thing. I ran the scan and it came up with 1 artemis trojan quarantine. It is in my c:\\programfiles\cyberlink\powerdvd8\videofilter\cl264dec.ax.

I have read in the sticky that artemis's are not always virus's and you should submit it to mcafee, which I did, successfully. My question is - when(and how) will mcafee respond to tell me if it is or isn't a threat? Since it is a new PC (literally arrived today and taken out of the box) I am assuming it is a false positive, i am scanning with malwarebytes just incase as well. But does anyone know how long (and how) I will be informed of if it is a virus or not?
1 Reply
exbrit
MVP
MVP
Message 2 of 2

RE: Artemis question

If you followed the guidelines correctly (zipped file, no more than 30 files therein, not more than 3mb in total size and password protected using the password infected) they normally auto-respond almost immediately followed by a manual response within 24-48 hours.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community