Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asifriffin
Former Member
Message 1 of 5

Anti Virus Plus installation trouble with windows 7 starter

Hi there..              

I've been using Macfee AntiVirus Plus for the last one year withot troubles. Suddenly updating stopped and prompted to reinstall the software to trobleshoot. So after renewing my subscription for one more year I've uninstalledthe software and run MCPR also. Then downoaded antivirus plus again from my account, when I run the set up for installation, it starts searching for any threats and after a while saying 'searching the web to download files to clean the threats in your pc', then after a few minutes everything stops and diaplays the message 'THREAT CLEANING PROBLEM" and thus I'm unable to install my AntiVirus Plus.

I would be grateful if anyone could assist me. (I can't do the installation in safe mode also as I use a wireless USB modem for the Internet!!) [I do not have any other anti virus files in my system too.]

4 Replies
JaiPrakash
Former Member
Message 2 of 5

Re: Anti Virus Plus installation trouble with windows 7 starter

Hi Riffin,

Please follow the steps outlined here that would help us to identifying if there are any threats on the PC that causes the installation error.

Required Reading - Home User Assistance Malware Troubleshooting

Regards,

asifriffin
Former Member
Message 3 of 5

Hi,

Many thanks indeed Mr.Jai Prakash for the quick response. I've installed another anti virus tool as an interim rescue, the steps you've narrated seem to be bit long, let me try that and come back to you soon.

Best regards.

ananthaganesh
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I am also getting that error. But not able to access the link you have given. Please guide me

RagothKarnan
McAfee Retired
McAfee Retired
Message 5 of 5

@ananthaganesh

Please let us know the operating system version on your computer and help us with screenshot of error message.

Cheers

Ragoth Karnan

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community