cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rlesch
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Am a Comcast customer and receive McAfee Security Center at no charge. Ran a full scan. Results: 3-files were quarantined. Tried to restore one of those filles by clicking on backup and restore.It's says it's "On Standby".What does that mean? help

Am a Comcast customer and receive McAfee Security Center at no charge.  Ran a full scan.  Results:  3-files were quarantined.  Tried to restore one of those filles by clicking on backup and restore.It's says it's "On Standby".What does that mean? help.  Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 4

Re: Am a Comcast customer and receive McAfee Security Center at no charge. Ran a full scan. Results: 3-files were quarantined. Tried to restore one of those filles by clicking on backup and restore.It's says it's "On Standby".What does that mean? help

Hi,

I guess stand by means the action is kept pending for now. I am not sure why you have been trying to restore the Quarantine Item, which is not generally advisable. McAfee Quarantines a file only if it suspects the files or it's activity to mal -function on the computer.

Can you provide more details on the file and  the program associated with that file . I can get you more information based on your inputs.

Regards,

Mohan.B

rlesch
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: Am a Comcast customer and receive McAfee Security Center at no charge. Ran a full scan. Results: 3-files were quarantined. Tried to restore one of those filles by clicking on backup and restore.It's says it's "On Standby".What does that mean? help

Thanks for ur response.  I actually recovered the info I was looking for.  I had accidentally moved it into another folder by mistake (during a reinstall of Windows XP Home and resetting all my files and folders in their appropriate locations on the C drive.  All good!

Thanks,

Rick

Mohan
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 4

Glad to know that your issues is resolved.Please get in touch through a new thread incase if you have any other issues.

Regards,

Mohan.B

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community