Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bonitis_victim
Former Member
Message 1 of 3

Am I protected? No

Hi, I'm new to this forum and thought this was the best place to post this:
When I bring up Mcafee, it has a red icon and says my Computer & Files and Email & IM require action. Clicking "fix" doesn't do anything and it says my subscription must be verified, which doesn't do anything either. Also everyday a Mcafee window pops up and says that it is downloading the Mcafee Security Suite.

Please help me! Thanks
2 Replies
Dennis_Allen
Former Member
Message 2 of 3

RE: Am I protected? No

..where did you get your mcafee? you purchased it online?installed through a CD?or it came through an affiliate(i.e., Comcast, Dell, etc..)?

.."verify your subscription" msg may mean that your mcafee is already expired or is about to expire..

..that is, there is a possibility now that you need to uninstall/reinstall mcafee.. (you can use the mcafee removal tool to do the uninstallation)

also, try running the McAfee Virtual Technician, then post the session id here..

thanks.. happy
zunnur
Former Member
Message 3 of 3

RE: Am I protected? No

I'm having similar problem. My Security Centre is saying that I'm not protected and I need to verify my subscription for three items. When I click FIX THIS, a pop out window says "one or more problems require your response."
When I click "verify your subscription now" link individually on all three items dsiplayed as action required items, a pop up window says "Your subscription has been verified" but Security Centre stays RED.

Restarting my computer resolves the problem for a short while before it appears again.

This problem started after I downloaded and installed IE8 which comes with Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool.

Please help.
How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community