cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stewartcs
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Am I Protected - No, Detection signature is more than 30 days old, some components are missing, reinstall VirusScan

I am getting the message that I am not protected.  Clicking FIX is not working.  I have 2 bullets:  1) The detection signature file is more than 30 days old.  Fixing your protection items...  2) Some components are missing.  Please reinstall McAfee VirusScan,

I purchased this computer used.  Came straight home and downloaded McAfee (I already had on my laptop so just added a license).  I have downloaded/reinstalled 3 times.  I have run the malawarebytes' Anit-Malware and it found 2 items and I removed them.  Then restarted.  I also did the patch that I saw on another post.  So far, nothing is working!  Please help!

8 Replies
mingala1952
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Am I Protected - No, Detection signature is more than 30 days old, some components are missing, reinstall VirusScan

I got the same 2 messages. I bought a brand new computer and tried to install it many times and nothing works. I think  it may have to do with Windows 7.  Do you have windows 7?

erhudock
Former Member
Message 3 of 9

Re: Am I Protected - No, Detection signature is more than 30 days old, some components are missing, reinstall VirusScan

I'm using WIndows XP Pro with SP3, and am getting this message since this morning, (02/28/10).  Uninstalled and reinstalled and it doesn't help.

Peacekeeper
Message 4 of 9

Win 7 is compatible with 2010 version as well as 2009 versions older than version 9.11.

I would suggest you try this

Uninstall using the mcpr tool in the link  above(useful links tab)? Also you have not had another AV program installed?   Date and time correct for locality choosen?

Do the uninstall and run the  preinstall tool as well.http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/McPreinstall.exe

Reboot and retry the install and see what happens

Message was edited by: Peacekeeper on 1/03/10 4:05:23 PM
mingala1952
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

After many hours of research I found all of those solutions and they did work. Thank you for your response. All set!!!

Peacekeeper
Message 6 of 9

Should have posted earlier

mingala1952
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

I was getting back on to post my success but your comment was already there!

erhudock
Former Member
Message 8 of 9

After going through the day troubleshooting everything on my system, uninstalling and reinstalling McAfee's software, I went into chat with a technician and he said, and I quote from the chat log: "It was due to a server error with our side."  WHY, when McAfee KNOWS this, don't they post something that will let their customers know so they don't get so frustrated?!?!?

Peacekeeper
Message 9 of 9

For future issues like this other than the sever error which we even were not told about this FAQ might help

So is your fixed now or still showing the 30 day warning?

How Many Badges Can You Collect?
Ready for a little competition? Members like you are earning badges and unlocking perks for their helpful answers. Are you? Click here to find out.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community